June 2019 Fitting a Bull Horn.
After purchasing a bull horn kit, the important task is to design and make a bull horn bracket. As with many
parts in this truck, hiding them away is also important, but here it must be possible to open the diaphragm
on the bull horn using the cable and leaver from the cab. The ideal spot was at the front corner of the left
hand fender (wing). A bracket was made out of aluminium by a local company. Once again, since my
company does a lot of business with this fabrication workshop every month, anything for the truck is a freeby!
The bracket was mounted and I decided I would manufacture a stainless steel splash guard as the bull horn
is in a high splash area. The bull horn was bolted to the bracket and then connected to a 12 volt supply
(which was fused). The pull cable was run along the inside of the fender through existing P Clips which
carry the wiring loom. The P Clips are held by the bolts which secure the top of the outer fender to
the inner fender. The pull cable then goes through the front left side of the cab, under the fender
where the electrical cables go through to the fuse box. Here the pull cable was wrapped with
insulation to protect / insulate the electrical cables from the steel pull cable where it goes through
the cab body. The end of the cable and leaver are bolted to the underside of the dash.
It is loud and the varying pitch is because the cable pulls open a diaphragm inside the horn, rather
like a trumpeter might open and close a cover at the open end of his trumpet while playing.
It is good fun to blow this horn at a show.
Bull horns are widely available on the internet. Expect to pay $60 to $100
Click on the banner below to see our new web site.
It is about a new hard tonneau cover (bed lid) for the 1947-53 Chevy truck.
Model - "Zero Impact Ultimate 3100" Tonneau cover. Fit without drill holes in your truck.
You can read about it and you can order it. It is available now.
Click on the banner above.
• A hard tonneau cover. Completely rigid, solid and strong. Folding.
• Zero impact. It can be fitted without drilling any holes in the truck. All paint work protected.
• Does not detract from the appearance of the truck. Enhances the appearance of the truck.
• With the cover removed and just the hardware kit showing it still looks "show quality".
• When the cover is fitted but open it still looks excellent and does not detract in any way from the appearance of the truck.
• The cover can be removed in under five minutes.
• All materials and finishes are of the highest quality.
• There is a choice of hardware support finishes to suit painted or patina trucks.
• A water drainage system is included to prevent water from leaking into the bed.
• Better than original factory quality. Just look at the pictures above.
• The model shown is supported by a mirror polished stainless steel installation kit.
• This tonneau cover is for the - 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 Chevy truck. Advanced design stepside 3100.
Link to our main site. Satellite TV.
Sponsored by Vision International.
Note. One of our businesses, Vision International (established 1991) sponsors the
1952 Chevy truck site including financial support for this web site.
Vision International is one of a group of businesses that we have in the field of
Satellite TV. This is a link to our sponsor.
Tune in an extra 10,000 channels? No you don't need a large dish but we do sell
big dishes as well. Watch the world? Links to some of the pages are below,
Mobile / caravan satellite
Satellite finder meters
All satellite products.
This 1952 Chevy truck web site is maintained on a non-profit
making voluntary basis. Our main business website is at
Our main business is satellite TV and we are a specialist
satellite company. We supply satellite goods in the UK
and worldwide including fixed and motorised satellite
systems, accessories, and installation equipment.