This page on the website is to take stock of the work so far. To show the condition of the truck prior to it being painted to
a high standard which will happen towards the end of 2015. Although there were many mods. done to the truck after May 2015,
they were all "under the skin" (Engine, suspension, steering etc.) The only mod. to the external appearance was some fine
tuning to the height of the front suspension. These pictures show the front suspension to be quite high and not too dissimilar
to the height of an original truck rather than a hotrod. Clearly earlier pictures on this site show the truck lower at the front.
There is still some fine tuning to be done refining the height of the front suspension. Probably not as low as it was but lower
than shown in these pictures. Notice the doors have been modified with the earlier single glass in the later door (although at
this stage Perspex has been fitted temporarily as the new glass will be fitted when the whole truck is painted later in the year.
The restored running boards and front (above the bumper) filler panel were the last body panels to be restored prior
to this car show and they are shown in the pictures.
It is likely there will be two more small mods. to the external appearance just prior to painting. The bracket which holds the
rear lights will be removed and a neater bracket manufactured. The new front grill also needs to be fitted but it is unlikely
this would show as a noticeable difference in the pictures. Only closer inspection would highlight that improvement.
In late 2015 the truck will be painted to a high standard using the highest quality 2 pack paint available. Panels will be
removed for painting and the truck and the panels will be painted in a professional temperature controlled painting booth.
At the same time the wood inside the bed will be restored as there are some wooden strips are now in need of some work.
These pictures were taken at our local car show "Fins and Chrome" in South Shields, Tyneside, UK at the end of May 2015.
As it turned out a great deal more than this was done in 2015! Return to the menu page to find out ....
Plans for 2016.
Once the painting is finished there a couple of jobs remaining for 2016.
1. Some interior cab work, carpet, door panels, headliner and behind seats.
2. A hard Tonneau cover.
The tail lights
Painting the truck to a high standard and the interior did not start until April 2016.
A hard tonneau cover
was designed and fitted.
Click on the banner below to see our new web site.
It is about a new hard tonneau cover (bed lid) for the 1947-53 Chevy truck.
Model - "Zero Impact Ultimate 3100" Tonneau cover. Fit without drill holes in your truck.
You can read about it and you can order it. It is available now.
Click on the banner above.
• A hard tonneau cover. Completely rigid, solid and strong. Folding.
• Zero impact. It can be fitted without drilling any holes in the truck. All paint work protected.
• Does not detract from the appearance of the truck. Enhances the appearance of the truck.
• With the cover removed and just the hardware kit showing it still looks "show quality".
• When the cover is fitted but open it still looks excellent and does not detract in any way from the appearance of the truck.
• The cover can be removed in under five minutes.
• All materials and finishes are of the highest quality.
• There is a choice of hardware support finishes to suit painted or patina trucks.
• A water drainage system is included to prevent water from leaking into the bed.
• Better than original factory quality. Just look at the pictures above.
• The model shown is supported by a mirror polished stainless steel installation kit.
• This tonneau cover is for the - 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953 Chevy truck. Advanced design stepside 3100.
In 2019 a rotating knob switch was put onto the negative of the battery cable
where it pushes onto the battery terminal. That makes it easy to disconnect the battery
without having to remove the cable from the battery terminal.
Link to our main site. Satellite TV.
Sponsored by Vision International.
Note. One of our businesses, Vision International (established 1991) sponsors the
1952 Chevy truck site including financial support for this web site.
Vision International is one of a group of businesses that we have in the field of
Satellite TV. This is a link to our sponsor.
Tune in an extra 10,000 channels? No you don't need a large dish but we do sell
big dishes as well. Watch the world? Links to some of the pages are below,
Mobile / caravan satellite
Satellite finder meters
All satellite products.
This 1952 Chevy truck web site is maintained on a non-profit
making voluntary basis. Our main business website is at
Our main business is satellite TV and we are a specialist
satellite company. We supply satellite goods in the UK
and worldwide including fixed and motorised satellite
systems, accessories, and installation equipment.